When my good friend and collaborator Jonny Goldstein of Envizualize introduced me to Mina Mansour in January 2010, I thought that Mina had a brilliant concept for a product family of software plug-ins that add ecommerce capabilities to Salesforce.com, the popular sales force automation system. Mina is the founder and president of IdaApps, a software company she started after 2 years of building custom apps for Salesforce.com customers.
Mina saw that many of Salesforce.com’s 65,000 customers needed inexpensive online product catalogs and shopping carts so they could easily add ecommerce to their Salesforce.com operations, instead of spending $100,000 and up for custom-built ecommerce sites. Mina explained to me that she had:
- built and tested two easy-to-setup ecommerce apps for Salesforce.com’s Force.com cloud computing platform
- submitted the apps to Salesforce.com’s app certification process
- identified several consulting and software services firms who could resell and customize her apps for their Salesforce.com customers
- started building a pipeline of leads by networking with people at Salesforce.com meetings.
When I talked with Mina, I realized that she had two more assets that would be very valuable:
- she had 1,000 followers on Twitter (from connecting with people in the Salesforce.com ecosystem)
- she had the “can do” attitude required to overcome the obstacles that all start-ups face.
Over the next 6 months, I worked with Mina to help her negotiate a contract with and close her first customer, sign her first channel partner, build her marketing and sales process, fine tune her marketing messages, fill her pipeline and close more deals. With over 200 customers worldwide today, Mina has proven her concept many times and over, and taken her start-up to the big leagues.
Please click on the image below (opens a YouTube page in a new browser tab) to see a terrific video about the eCatalog and eStore apps from IdaApps, and then check out the IdaApps website for testimonials from her customers and more info.